Author Topic: Johnstown Chiefs ECHL GU jersey  (Read 63 times)

Shipp_96

• Veteran Member
Johnstown Chiefs ECHL GU jersey
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
I got this finally after years of wanting one at the Summer sale from Meigray.  I grew up in Pittsburgh early on, then mostly Johnstown until we left in the mid '80s.  I would go see the ECHL Chiefs / (before that the Wings) since the '70s with my Uncle Ray, who was the only true Penguins fan I knew before the '90s.  I wanted this jersey to remember my time going to games with him.  The player is insignificant, I got it for the 20th Anniversary Patch and the fact it was a home game style I remember them wearing.  Happy to add this to my collection!

tom1315

Re: Johnstown Chiefs ECHL GU jersey
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 06:43:36 AM »
Great pickup Shipp_96! I always enjoy looking at hockey jerseys for the beauty in how the team's logos, designs and the colors look and just pop.  Really super looking piece.  My wife has still kept me to only "one doll" ie., mannequin yet that on my 'doll' would look great on display.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Shipp_96

• Veteran Member
Re: Johnstown Chiefs ECHL GU jersey
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
Great pickup Shipp_96! I always enjoy looking at hockey jerseys for the beauty in how the team's logos, designs and the colors look and just pop.  Really super looking piece.  My wife has still kept me to only "one doll" ie., mannequin yet that on my 'doll' would look great on display.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Thanks for the compliments Tom!  I have a couple half arm less mannequins I picked up from a closing JCP store cheap that I use for GU jerseys now that are not signed.  This is going on one of them for sure!  So how has your helmet collection been going?  Haven't seen any updates on here lately?